For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
A signed Service Request must be provided to your sitter or agency before service is provided for any period.
Reservations are not held until Forms are filled out completely and returned to Guardian Angels Sitting Service or special arrangements are agreed upon by both parties in writing.
There will be a $30 service charge for each returned check.
Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
Cancellation Charge Schedule effective 9/1/2010 (% applies to entire service period total):
0 – 24 hours prior to any service, and/or Holidays: Payment in full is charged (no refunds)
2 - 7 days prior to service: 20% of service total is due (equals an 80% refund)
8 days prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full.
Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled including travel time.
1. Guardian Angels Sitting Service is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. Guardian Angels Sitting Service will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
2. Guardian Angels Sitting Service is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the customer and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees (including Special Service emergency service time and coordination fees) will be paid by the client.
3. Guardian Angels Sitting Service is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter.
4. Guardian Angels Sitting Service accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured.
All other individuals that visit the home will leave a log of their visit.
5. Guardian Angels Sitting Service is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. Your Pet Sitter will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit. While keys are in the possession of a Pet Sitter, they will be either on the Sitter or be properly stored an undisclosed location.
6. Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Sitter cannot service a home with “Visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
7. The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
8. Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Guardian Angels Sitting Service will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
9. Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc…) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse Your Pet Sitters within 14 days for all purchases made.
10. Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Guardian Angels Sitting Service , in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
11. It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather related event/crisis/”Code Red”. Guardian Angels Sitting Service will definitely try to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
12. Future Services: I authorize this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Your Pet Sitters to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and enter my home without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
13. Guardian Angels Sitting Service reserves the right to terminate this contract at any if the Pet Sitter, in his/her sole discretion determines that Owner’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prohibit the Pet Sitter from caring for the pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the Owner.
14. Guardian Angels Sitting Service agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from negligence. Claims of negligence that involve a hired Independent Contractor, hired by Guardian Angels Sitting Service , will be the responsibility of the Independent Contractor and the company they represent.
15. Client agrees to notify Your Pet Sitters of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
16. This agreement is valid from the date signed, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future Guardian Angels Sitting Service term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website under the heading Terms.
17. Confidentiality Provision. Applicant and Agency agree that the names of Independent Contractors are and shall remain the exclusive property of Guardian Angels Sitting Service, LLC, are confidential and are of great value to the Agency. Applicant and Agency further agree that all other information used by the Applicant in obtaining the referral services of Independent Contractors including, but not by way of limitation, time sheets, service invoices and the names of Independent Contractors are trade secrets, are confidential and are the valuable property of the Agency, and that any such information obtained by the Applicant during the course of this agreement is and shall remain the property of the Agency. Applicant and Agency further agree that during this agreement and the period of three (3) years immediately after the termination of this agreement, Applicant will not, either directly or indirectly make known or divulge the names, phone numbers and addresses of any of the Independent Contractors, or divulge any confidential information received from the Agency to any person, firm or corporation. Applicant also agrees that during this agreement and the period of three (3) years immediately after the termination of this agreement, the Applicant will not, either directly or indirectly call upon, solicit, divert, or take away any of the Independent Contractors, upon whom the Applicant became acquainted with by referral of the Agency. Applicant and Agency agree that Applicant's unauthorized disclosure or use of Agency's confidential information and trade secrets would irreparably damage the Agency.
18. Non-Compete Provision. Applicant and Agency agree that this agreement is important to the reputation, goodwill and successful operation of the Agency. Applicant and Agency agree that during this agreement and the period of two (3) years immediately after the termination of this agreement, Applicant shall not: a) compete against the Agency; or b) own, manage, be employed by, be engaged by, work for, consult for, be an officer or director or partner or manager or employee of, advise, represent, engage in, or carry on any business that competes against the Agency.
19. Agency's Remedies. In the event of Applicant's breach of the above Non-Compete and Confidentiality provisions, Applicant and Agency agree that it would be impossible to ascertain the exact damages of Agency and that Agency shall be entitled to receive from Applicant as liquidated damages a sum equal to $3,000.00. This is not meant to be a penalty nor a windfall to the Agency but a method to compensate it for lost profits. This would not limit other damages recoverable by the Agency, or the Agency's right to injunctive relief to enforce this agreement.
20. Legal Fees and Court Costs. Should the Agency resort to the use of an attorney regarding any matter arising from this agreement, the Agency shall be entitled to recover from the Applicant its reasonable attorney's fees, court costs and related expenses.
21. Governing Law and Venue. The parties agree that this agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina. The venue for any legal action or proceeding shall be in Hilton Head, South Carolina or Cape May, NJ.
22. Severability Provision. The provisions in this agreement shall be severable which is to say that should a portion of this agreement be declared invalid or unenforceable, that same would not alter the remaining provisions.
The owner states that he/she as read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.